11 February 2016: several thousands of workers of joint stock company (JSC) “Dniprodzerzhinsk metallurgical plant” gathered at the protest meeting headed by Mykhailo Volynets the KVPU leader and Mykola Zhytnyk, the Head of KVPU in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast. Along with the protesters Oleg Lyashko, the Leader of the Radical Party, Viktor Galasyuk, the Head of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Industrial Policy and Entrepreneurship and Pavlo Kishkar, a People’s Deputy were present at the meeting.
The administration of the JSC were trying to interfere with the meeting, but despite this, the people came to the meeting to voice their dissatisfaction with illegal actions of the administration of the JSC, which forced the workers to resign from the existing trade union and enter a newly created “yellow” one. Being intimidated, the workers were forced to resign from the KVPU affiliation as for most of them their jobs are the only possibility to feed their families during such a hard economic situation the country has found itself in.
Mykhailo Volynets officially addressed the General Prosecutor’s Office of Ukraine, International Labour Organisation (ILO) and the International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) requesting these institutions to apply necessary measures within their capabilities in order to put an end to the violations of national trade union legislation and International standards such as fundamental ILO Conventions 87 and 98 ratified by Ukraine. The People’s Deputies at the meeting promised to resolve the situation within their competences.
- Miners’ hunger strike is continuing in the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine
- 9 miners and trade union leaders are continuing the hunger strike in the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine
- Miners of the SE 'Selidivvugillya' have been protesting all night (Updated)
- Miners of the four mines of the SE 'Selidivvugillya' stopped working and blocked the road in Donetsk region
- The miners blocked the highway of strategic importance in the Donetsk region