Today, 150 miners of the mine "Kurakhivska" of the State-Owned Coal-Mining Enterprise ‘Selydivvugillia’ (Donetsk region) started an underground protest. At the same time 42 their colleagues are protesting in the mine "1\3 Novogrodivska" since 18 February. The main demand of this state-owned coal-mining enterprise workers is to pay off wage arrears which in general amounts up to 250 mln UAH.
According to the chairperson of the primary trade union organization of the Independent Trade Union of Miners of Ukraine at the mine "Kurakhivska" Oleksii Soroka, today morning 150 miners hold a meeting on the problem of the wage non-payment. Then they went underground in the mine but refused to perform work.
According to the Chairperson of the Independent Trade Union of Miners of Ukraine (NPGU) Mykhailo Volynets, two miners of the mine "1\3 Novogrodivska", where underground protest started on 18 February, had to left the mine yesterday evening. The health of one of them deteriorated and another had to stop protest for family reasons. As for today morning, 42 miners are staying underground in this mine.
- Miners protesting underground for four days in the Donetsk region
- 44 miners protesting at the depth of 530 m
- Miners of the SOE ‘Selydivvugillia’ refuse to work without payment
- IndustriALL Global Union calls on the Government of Ukraine to speedily address the plight of coal mineworkers at state-owned enterprises
- Donetsk region: Four female employees still on hunger strike against wage arrears