As the NPGU informed before on 18 February, in the morning, miners from the 7th section of the mine "1\3 Novogrodivska" of the State-Owned Enterprise ‘Selydivvugillia’ (Donetsk region) refused to start working. Yesterday 7 miners decided to stay in the mine till they’ve received their wages for November and December 2018, as well as for January 2019.
The wage arrears for workers of the SOE ‘Selydivvugillia’ are 250 bln UAH.
“Today 37 miners of the mine "1\3 Novogrodivska" joined the underground protest of their colleagues. As for this moment, 44 miners are staying at the depth of 530 m. Unfortunately, the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine and the Government do not take effective measures to address this situation, as well as to solve the problems of state mines in general" - said Mykhailo Volynets.
- Miners protesting underground for four days in the Donetsk region
- 192 miners of the SOE ‘Selydivvugillia’ protesting undergound
- Miners of the SOE ‘Selydivvugillia’ refuse to work without payment
- IndustriALL Global Union calls on the Government of Ukraine to speedily address the plight of coal mineworkers at state-owned enterprises
- Donetsk region: Four female employees still on hunger strike against wage arrears