Today morning, miners from the 7th section of the mine "1\3 Novogrodivska" of the State-Owned Enterprise ‘Selydivvugillia’ (Donetsk region) refused to start working.
According to the Chairperson of the Confederation of Free Trade Unions of Ukraine (KVPU) and the Independent Trade Union of Miners of Ukraine (NPGU) Mykhailo Volynets, in such way, miners are protesting against the non-payment of wages for November and December 2018, as well as for January 2019.
“Wage arrears for workers of the SOE ‘Selydivvugillia’ are 250 mln UAH. The total wage debt at the state-owned coal-mining enterprises reached over 814 mln UAH. And it will increase up to 1 bln UAH unless action is taken immediately’ – claimed Mykhailo Volynets.
- Miners protesting underground for four days in the Donetsk region
- 192 miners of the SOE ‘Selydivvugillia’ protesting undergound
- 44 miners protesting at the depth of 530 m
- Donetsk region: Four female employees still on hunger strike against wage arrears
- Despite of rockslide and dangerous conditions miners protesting for 11 days underground